Hope you've been enjoying the spring! Happy to share with you latest notes on our work, and our recommended links and readings.
1) We're growing! We're looking for a finance and business expert to join us as Director, Projects. If you have experience in clean energy & efficiency, and want to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you!
We're also thrilled to welcome Joey Astrologo (Full-Stack Developer), Adam Fischer (Energy Efficiency Intern), and as previously announced, Kathrin Ohle(Chief Investment Officer), and James Van Bergh (Director) to the CoPower team.
2) Come meet us!
- May 6, 2015 (Montreal) CoPower is co-hosting a B Corp cocktail from 5-8pm. Come learn why CoPower and other companies earned the B Corp certification, that signals a dedication to maximizing both purpose + profit. RSVP here - it's free!
- May 31-June 2, 2015 (San Francisco) CoPower is speaking about new financial models at the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy conference. Let us know if you will be in the area!
3) Recognition - CoPower's David Berliner was named as a "Top 30 under 30" sustainability leader by Corporate Knights, the magazine for clean capitalism!
What we're reading:
4) According to Bloomberg Business, fossil fuels just lost the race against renewables, as starting in 2013 the world added more capacity for renewable energy than coal, oil and natural gas.
5) Carbon markets: Ontario recently announced that they'll be joining a cap-and-trade market for carbon emissions credits with Quebec and California. Cleantech venture capitalist (and CoPower advisor) Tom Rand responds for the Globe and Mail (he's a fan!).
6) In closing, an inspirational message: CoPower's Chief Investment Officer Kathrin Ohle had some lovely thoughts for all of us about fulfilling our dreams. Watch her talk here.
The CoPower team